The Adventure's of the Dicksons

Tuesday, September 05, 2006


This is me in another part of Glencoe called Glengarry. The loch (lake) below me is famous for looking like the land mass of Scotland. Odd but beautiful.






Here are some other places visited on my highlands tour:
  • Fort William-famous for whiskey (extremely gross)
  • Great Glen
  • Fort Augustus-on Loch Ness
  • Eialan Donin Castle- where 007, parts of bravehart and highlander were filmed
  • Isle of Skye
  • Portree-capital of Skye
  • Trotternisch
  • Urquart Castle-most nessie sightings
  • The clansman hotel's voted 5 star toilets that were broken
  • Inverness- capital of the highlands
  • Culloden Moor- great battle that ended the Scotland's independence
  • Clavacairns- inspiration for a book I read many years ago
  • Many many more but I can't be bothered with writing all of them down

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like many great adventures you're having. We're excited for you to call and tell us more. And who was your date? I want all the details ;)

4:30 PM  
Blogger Matt said...

Did you see Nessie? Did you put Nessie in a headlock and give him/her a noogie?

7:54 AM  
Blogger Matt said...

I demand an update!!!! ....please

9:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home