The Adventure's of the Dicksons

Sunday, August 13, 2006

Don't worry about me!

Hey everyone, I am safetly in Edinburgh with my dear friends. I have had many questions about how my trip was because of the terrorist plot in England. To be honest I didn't even know anything was going on until I landed in Edinburgh. So everything went fine, going home may be a different story but I will take it as it comes. The only real problem I encountered was when the customs agent was asking me all sorts of personal questions. For example, he wanted to know why if I only have 6-12 months left of school I would take time off...gosh I got enough of these questions from my dad! Nosy right, well I didn't know that anything was going on yet so I thought he was just being really nosy.

What have I been up to so far??? I have slept at all the wrong times, said all the words that I am not supposed to (because the mean something different here), and been smothered by a 120lb. dog. It's great! Seriously though, I am having a great time. I have met just about all the people in the wedding and I am told there are many more. Everyone has been really nice and offered me a bed or couch when Carol and David are on their honeymoon. Today I saw my friend Lisa and her 2 kids! Tomorrow I am going to be adventurous and take the bus into town...this could be interesting to say the least! I walked along princess street yesterday for about 5 hours and found plenty of gifts to bring back for people. I have all of old town to discover tomorrow, it should be exciting.

Well I will leave you all on this thought...never eat a Swedish hot dog in Scotland!

3 Comments:

Blogger Matt said...

Thanks for the update Meg. Have a grand time!

9:57 PM  
Blogger Matt said...

I changed your comment settings so you get emails now when someone comments on your blog. I hope all is well with you lassie!

8:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Megan. I hope you're having a great time. We'd love to read another update ;) We love you.

9:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home